The first mountain Hut in Cyprus for our federation members.
The Hut is located in the mountain regions of Macheras aria between Lythrodontas village and Mandres Machera on the E4 path.
It is essential for hikers to book their accommodation beforehand.
When staying in a Cyprus hut, you have to bring your own sleeping bag as neither sleeping bags nor blankets are provided. The huts are warm, so the sleeping bag does not have to be of arctic quality.
In the bigger huts you can expect both running water and water toilets but in some of the smaller ones, you will have to fetch water.
Please note that it is not possible to buy hot, ready-made meals in the huts. Thus you will need to bring and carry your own food when hiking in Cyprus,
Furthermore, you cannot leave any trash or garbage behind but have to carry it with you back to the lowlands.
You can camp next to the huts for a camping fee but camping guests have to bring their own stove and utensils as they cannot use the kitchen facilities in the huts.
Day-guests, i.e. those guests who only visit for a part of the day and are not staying in the huts or camping nearby, will have to pay facility fee when using the hut’s facilities, such as lunch shelter, toilet or outdoor grill.
Ask for our pricelist for huts and camping from the federation’s office.
It is possible to book accommodation in the huts through the office by sending an e-mail or calling.
Cleanliness, tidiness and consideration towards fellow travelers is very important. The aim of these simple hut rules is to ensure a comfortable stay for hikers and other travelers.
• If the warden is available, please confer with him/her regarding your booking, where to sleep and specific hut rules
• Quiet hours are from midnight until seven the next morning
• No shoes inside the hut. Please leave your hiking boots in entrance hall
• Smoking inside the huts is strictly forbidden at all times
• Please leave the cooking area clean and tidy
• Add water to the big pot on the kitchen stove, if needed
• When leaving, please make sure the hut is clean and tidy
• Remember to pay for the accommodation and facilities
• Help us keep the environment clean by not leaving your trash behind
• You are hiking in Cyprus to experience nature. Remember: Clean environment = Beautiful nature!